Thursday, August 7, 2008

let's begin


This isn’t the first time I have attempted to start this journey. But this is the first time that I am going to keep my word and stick to it on this journey. And this is the first time I am documenting it from beginning to end, truthfully to myself and inadvertently to you as well.

Sure I could have kept a personal journal, but seriuosly, what fun is that? I’m sure there are others out there that are looking and going through the same thing so why not share and work together.

It isn’t the first time worlds like change and lifestyle have been thrown around together. In fact I would say they are buzz words. And although they are buzz words, there is some truth to them. That it is a necessary change that society has to go through, that I need and must go through.

So here goes.

I have just turned 29 and I am over weight. I’m not fat or obease per say….but I don’t want to end up that way. Therefore I could stand to loose some weight and more importantly change my lifestyle.

I have always been curvy since as far as I can remember. I have been the biggest one in the class. And this is even with being active in dance and in sports. It’s amazing how easily the eating habits dictated by my parents have badly influenced me. Whatever was easy and quick was always on the table. Better yet if you could get it to go and eat it in the car…you were one up on time and therefore mom didn’t have to miss any episodes of Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy or whatever else mindless entertainment was on tv.

So thus the path change has to happen and occur. I’ve made few headways into these bad habits along the way, however, they haven’t been permamently changed. I relapse and return to the old ways.

Currently I try and go to the gym 3x a week. This is not good enough for what I want to accomplish.

Currently I am suffering from a myriad of aches and pains that limit what I’m able to do for long periods of time like…run. Pins and needles along with burning feet do not make for a pleasant experience at the gym. Because we all love it so much all ready.

Currently I am learning how to cook albeit for one. This includes one big dish a week that has lots of leftovers to supplement the little salads and the bad dishes that I consume.

So for this inagural post i have touched on a few topics which I will explore further as I embark on this adventure. Parents, habits, food, exercise and whatever other elements of life this happens to tred into.

So the Goal.

To go from 200lbs to 160lbs and in the process change my lifestyle, by learning how to cook, trying new adventures, fit into clothes that I love but dare not wear and meet new people, maybe even someone worth having around.

No comments: