Friday, March 6, 2009

Back At It!

Last Sunday I strapped on the court shoes, pulled on the knee pads, taped up the fingers and flew across the court playing the game that I love and have missed and thought I would never be able to play again. And I can.

This is my game. Volleyball.

I have been a fan of it since I was 12. I enjoy the strategy, the angles, the power and the true team effort. All without physical contact with the opponent. I'm not the best at it, nor am I the worst. I just ejoy it. It's a full body workout and the only one you can blame for injuries is yourself and bad luck.
After Sunday night, my body had those good aches you get from a great workout. I'm no addicted and wanting more.
I went to the gym 3x this week after work, doing interval training on the treadmill for 30min and doing 30-40min of weights. I'm not going to run the SunRun here in Vancouver, I'm just going to concentrate on the fact that I'm turning the big 3-0 at the end of May and bathing suit season is approaching. I want to be confident and sexy as I turn 30 and when it comes time to hit the beach I'm not going to be insecure. Mainly because I have signed up to play some beach vball too.

1 comment:

Everything Lynne said...

Glad to hear you are back at it and glad to find that you've rediscovered volleyball!

Keep it up!